I realize that it’s been a while since my last post. I really don’t want to be the guy who busts out 5-6 posts a month just because he has to. All that to say, I also don’t want to be the guy who goes three months without adding a thing.
Recently I have been listening to some great sermons by Matt Chandler. For those of you that know me, I am kind of a fan. There is something special about people who treasure Christ above all things and desire that all people would share in that treasure(Romans 10:15).
I wanted to share something that really struck me. Something that God used to truly arrest my attention.
I pray that through the month of October you would consider these next 9 points in you’re prayer life as we grow in our capacity to be effective for His glory.
As His body, let us pray these things…
1. That we would see that the greatest problem in the universe is not mere moral failure – but a failure to honor God (Romans 1:21)
2. That we would understand that discipline will never bring about love – but love always brings about discipline (Galatians 3:5)
3. That we would realize that children of God are not under wrath – but mercy (Romans 9:23)
4. That we would find that the fullness of all things – including life and joy – is in Christ (John 10:10)
5. That we would experience a holy discontentment with where our lives are – and espouse the hope of what our lives can be (Romans 8:20)
6. That we would recognize that God has purposefully placed us here – at this time, in this place – for His glory (Acts 17:26)
7. That we would develop a taste for truth – even difficult ones (Psalm 119:11)
8. That we would embrace Biblical Christianity – not American evangelicalism (2 Timothy 3:5)
9. That we would believe in the miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit – and desire them earnestly (1 Corinthians 14:39)
Eagerly expecting His return…Pastor Jo-